KPMG wins top award at the UK's largest graduate recruitment event
5th April 2012
The Grosvenor House on Park Lane, London was host on 4 April to the annual TARGETjobs National Graduate Recruitment Awards 2012, the largest graduate recruitment event now in its eighth year. The awards were presented by David Walliams (star of Little Britain, Britain’s Got Talent) and attended by 1,000 guests from the world of graduate recruitment with Lloyds Banking Group as headline sponsor.
There were 25 awards including the graduate employer of the year which went to KPMG LLP beating IBM (2nd) and Barclays Capital (3rd).
Other special awards presented on the evening include:
- Rising Star award sponsored by The Student Room was won by Chris Peatfield, Barratt Developments PLC
- Donna Miller, HRD Europe from Enterprise-Rent-a-Car received the TARGETjobs special achievement award
Driving the awards is a huge national survey of more than 25,000 students and graduates from 100 different universities in the UK which identified the most popular graduate recruiters in fourteen sectors.
The survey that produces the data for the TARGETjobs Awards is conducted each year by international research firm trendence. Full details of the awards’ shortlists which can be found at targetjobsawards.co.uk.
- ENDS –
Notes to Editors
- The TARGETjobs National Graduate Recruitment Awards have been created by GTI Media to celebrate excellence in graduate recruitment. Full shortlists and photos of the winners are available at http://targetjobsawards.co.uk. For high res photos contact Emma Newton at TARGETjobs, see below.
- The student panel awards were judged by final year students from SIFE and the judging day took place at the Guardian’s offices in February.
- The shortlists for the 14 sector awards were collated from research undertaken by trendence Institut, which also forms the basis for the Guardian UK 300. 25,000 students took part in the trendence survey between August 2011 and January 2012.
- Part of GTI Media, trendence is one of Europe’s leading research institutes with over 10 years’ experience delivering research in the areas of employer branding and HR marketing.
- targetjobs.co.uk is the leading graduate jobsite in the country, which contains over 500 graduate employer profiles and over 20,000 articles offering careers advice. It is published by GTI Media, part of Group GTI - the largest graduate careers group in Europe and Asia, which currently employs 250 people across 8 countries.
- GTI Media also produces a wide range of sector-specific publications, both in print and online, written by experts in their sectors, which help graduates secure jobs.
- GTI Media distributes its products to universities across the UK and Ireland and is the publishing partner of 25 leading university careers services, including Cambridge, Imperial, Edinburgh, Warwick, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Durham and Trinity College Dublin.
- GTI is also the official publishing partner of the Association of Higher Education Careers Services, the professional association of careers services in Ireland, producing products under the gradireland brand.
- For more information on GTI Media visit gtimedia.co.uk
For further information, please contact:
Chris Phillips, UK Publishing Director for GTI Media
T: 01491 828939 E: Email
For PR enquiries, please contact:
Rachel Cox, Marketing Manager at TARGETjobs
T: 01491 828925 E: Email or
Emma Newton, Trade Marketing Assistant at TARGETjobs
T: 01491 828925 E: Email